Start your day the cowboy way! Red’s Meadow is known for spectacular horseback rides. We offer these guided trail rides by horseback: the Rainbow Falls Ride, a Half Day Ride, and a Full Day Ride. Before booking please check through our requirements and make sure you can participate safely for a pleasant time.
- PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR RIDE!!!
- Rider weight limit: 250lbs
- Rider age limit: 6 years.
- Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
- Any guest with a confirmed reservation may drive into Red’s Meadow Resort, you are not required to take the shuttle. A Forest Service Fee will be assessed at the Minaret Summit entrance station ($10.00/vehicle).
Full balance is due at time of making your reservation booking.
Bookings canceled within the 24-hour window of your scheduled ride are non-refundable.
All horseback rides are guided
Experience a piece of the John Muir Trail and Pacific Crest Trail by horseback
The variety of trail ride is expansive
Perfect for family reunions & retreats
Rainbow Falls Ride (~2 hours)
Enjoy Rainbow Falls and the San Joaquin River in style and comfort. This ride takes approximately 2 hours.
Departs at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. daily. Please call at least one day in advance for reservations.
Half Day Ride (~4 hours)
Enjoy a scenic four hour ride to either Minaret Falls or The Red Cones.
Departs daily at 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. daily.
Full Day Ride
Enjoy this scenic ride on the Pacific Crest Trail, via The Shadow Lake overlook to Clark Lakes. This trail section is considered the most scenic and spectacular of the Pacific Crest Trail. This ride departs daily at 8:30 a.m. from Agnew Meadows Pack Station.
Horseback Riding requirements:
No one under 6 years of age
No one over 250lbs/113kg
No double riding
No trotting or galloping
Remember to Bring:
Closed toed shoes (leave the high heels at home)
Appropriate clothing with the day’s weather in mind
Long pants like blue jeans