If you are a hiker on the John Muir Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, or Sierra High Route, Red’s Meadow is the perfect stop for you! We are less than 1/4 mile off the trail, just follow the well-marked path. At our General Store, you can pick up a re-supply package, stock up on food, or enjoy a cold beer. You can order hearty meals and our famous milkshakes at the Mule House Café.
Verizon and AT&T cell phone coverage is good in the Red’s Meadow Valley. No WiFi.
Red’s Meadow is remote and does not get mail delivery. For a fee, we will fetch mail in Mammoth Lakes and store it safely for you until you arrive. You may also drop your package off in person in advance; we will hold it for $3/day. The following are our policies regarding resupply packages:
- We must have your signed authorization to pick up your package
We charge a flat rate charge to pick it up at the Mammoth Lakes Post Office. This includes delivery to Red’s Meadow General Store and storage.
- Packages may be picked up at Red’s Meadow General Store ONLY between 7am and 7pm
- We do not arrange for return of packages to you in the event you do not pick up the package
- Please mail form and payment approximately 2 weeks before mailing your package
- We are in Mammoth Lakes approximately four times per week. Check with your post office regarding delivery time. We suggest you mail your package to arrive several days prior to your arrival to pick it up
The John Muir Trail (JMT) is 211 miles long and runs from Yosemite Valley to Mount Whitney. Winding through the famed Sierra Nevada, the JMT visits some of the crown jewels of America’s park system: Yosemite, John Muir and Ansel Adams Wildernesses, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. Below is an elevation profile map of the JMT: